Sunday, October 19, 2008

Huh??

I got an email over the weekend from someone in our church that really frustrated me to the core...I'm trying to figure out how to respond or maybe not even respond at all. It was an email about the election and a link to a video about Barrack Obama being the antichrist and we need to let the world know.

Stuff like this is so shallow and drives me crazy...not just the video part, but the idea that this person actually bought into this. I believe in what scripture says about the "end times"...every bit of it! But when folks start making "end time" remarks like these...I think it gives Christianity a big ole black eye.

Anybody remember when people were calling Ronald Reagan the antichrist because his full name "Ronald Wilson Reagan" had six letters in each part of his name? Argh! Stupidy!

So...I'm taking suggestions on how to respond...any wisdom?

3 comments:

Robo said...

I hear prayer for the individual is very effective

Anonymous said...

I don't think Obama is the antichrist. Our focus shouldn't be on this comment, but on the facts. As Christians we are to look at the morality issues first. These would be the issues defined by the Word of God. On these issues of morality Obama is sorely lacking. He is for abortion, furthering the homosexual agenda, I even herd him say evolution and Christianity do not conflict. The man has no judgement when you look at his relationships. This points to a lack of integrity and character on his part. This should be plenty of info to point a Christian in the right direction when voting.
By the way, I'm not saying McCain is 100% correct on every issue. However on the issues of morality, the issues defined by the Bible, he and Governor Palin are CORRECT.
May the church not be blinded to these truths come Nov. 4. In closing, my advice would be look at the facts and TAKE A STAND!!

Geron Brown said...

tell them they should vote for him because that would hasten Christ's return.

just kidding.

i have gotten several of these from well meaning church people. I usually ignore them