Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cut the Crap...


Holly and I are American Idol fans...we've watched somewhat faithfully over the years...we really enjoy the audition weeks!

If you were a contestant on the show...you sing your song, you do your best...and now the judges give you their opinion. Which judge would you prefer to hear from?

Randy?? (yo dog...little pitchy)
Kara?...the new girl, shoots pretty straight
Paula?...you are the worlds best singer and I love you...gag.
Simon?...cuts the crap!

Would you rather someone shoot you straight? I would...and please, for those who follow The Semi-Daily What Up...you can always take the Simon approach with me, just don't call me names...but I would much rather someone to be brutally honest with me than for someone to tickle my ears with false praise, etc.

Simon takes a lot of crap for dealing out his "crap meter" to contestants(I don't think I've ever typed CRAP so many times in a blog!)...but he's honest and to me seems to be a good judge of character in the music world.

So which judge would you prefer?? Let it be known...

1 comment:

Lydia said...

When we watched the show, I was all for fast-forwarding through the judges comments until Simon's turn. He calls it the way it is and while it may be harsh, it is almost always the truth. Paula...when you wish on a star, you just might be one? Simon sez WHAT?