Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm on VACATION!


I'm taking a week's vacation all next week...and my destination is...drum roll...1809 Jacks Creek Road! That's home if you didn't know.

It's going to be a combination working / little R&R week. I'm working on our yard most of the week...I've got two big projects I'm wanting to do.

PROJECT #1
To fill up lots of holes and ruts in the front and back. Seems the ground continues to settle here...so in turn I've got some big ole ruts and it makes cutting grass like riding in a rodeo. So I've got a dump truck of good top soil coming on Monday (free baby!)...a friend is going to help me spread it on Wednesday...I'll throw some seed down on Thursday.

PROJECT #2
My drains off the house need to be extended away from the house and buried about 8 inches. So I'll be Mr. Plumber for a day, working with some pvc pipe, etc. Ought to help the rain to stay away from the house.

I might squeeze in a round of golf next week. Haven't played a lick this year...and really I haven't missed it. I plan on starting back running next week too...either the morning or evening hours...getting too hot in the middle!

So that's my plans for next week...this weekend Holly, Bryan and I are going up to Louisville to spend some time with Lloyd and Joann and then on up to Brown County for one night and two days. There's an indoor water park we've heard about...gonna give it a try!

No comments: