Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm back...




So like I said...we've got internet today in the new domicile. (You would think we live way out in the country or something) We’ve been enjoying our new home…got a great view of the sun setting each night…I’ll make sure to have some pics of the view soon.

Much has gone on in the Prosser household over the past several weeks...so how about a quick recap and then I'll try to get my butt back in gear blogging a little more consistently.

I've taken some "vacation" days as I always do around the holidays, especially when Bryan is out of school. Kind of makes me feel like a kid reliving those 'Christmas Vacation' moments.

Last weekend my family came down from the 'Ville for our 2nd annual Richmond Christmas gathering. Oh man did my lovely bride fix up a feast! (See pics!) It was a great time to have family here in our home...I love my family. And we had our big rummy game as usual, and of course the winner takes home the coveted mouse. My brother-in-law Jim won the game and keeps the mouse until we play next…he won’t keep it long!

I'm still preaching in place of my pastor since his back surgery. I've been doing a series called, "Challenged by Christmas" as we had been celebrating advent. I've really enjoyed preaching in this role...little bit different from teaching youth, it's been a bit challenging, but it's an amazing experience. So I'll be preaching this Sunday and after that our pastor will be back.

We went to the 'Ville Monday and Tuesday to celebrate Christmas with Holly's parents and family...as always, a great time. Even took in a movie...Rocky Balboa! I love Rocky...and I'm glad he decided to come back for one more after Rocky 5 (STUNK!)

Got back Tuesday...took down all the Christmas stuff...did a little rearranging of the furniture. We had to make room for a NEW item that we got for Christmas. Let me explain first...a great story:

Holly's workplace did a "12 Days of Christmas" give away thing...12 days before Christmas a drawing was done for all Bluegrass Mental Health Employees...12 people won something like honey baked hams. The next day 11 people won another prize...as each day narrowed down the prizes got BIGGER. So guess who won the GRANDPRIZE from 1,000+ people in the drawing? HOLLYBIRD was the GRANDPRIZE WINNER! And what did she win????? A 50 inch PLASMA SCREEN TV!! Holy Cow Jeff did you say 50 inches of Plasma?? Dang...we couldn't believe it! I went and picked it up last Friday...it's now in the great room...it's been pretty enjoyable. DVD's are really incredible looking...we watched Dead's Man's Chest (Pirates of the Caribbean) tonight...stinking awesome. Just in time for all these college bowl games!

That's it for now...I'm tired

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now all we need is a leg lamp in that front window, and we will truly be "major prize winners".
I have to say that I really didn't want a huge tv in the great room, but it IS really awesome! I still can't believe I won that thing!!!! fun times.
Oh.. one more thing Jeff. Will you post a pic of Jim doing his victory dance? I don't care who you are. That there's funny!