Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Whewww...

Alright...still no internet at the "new" house...Bell South has to bring out their engineers or something like that to fix things. So, I'm posting here in my office today.

Been a really CRAZY past few weeks, but it's a good kind of a crazy! Last Friday morning was graduation day at SBTS. What a day! What a service...it was an "ultra formal" kind of a service, but I liked it...matter of fact I was really trying to savor every minute of it.

As they began to call out individual names, I was getting pumped...should I let out a big "yee-haw" after receiving the diploma? Or maybe a high-five to Dr. Mohler? Nah...again, it was a really formal service. "Jeffrey Wayne Prosser" was read...I walked towards Dr. Mohler...I gave a glance at a few of my professors who were sitting in the loft. Dr. Mohler said, "Blessings on you Jeff!" And then I walked off. WHEWWWWWWWWWW!!!! FINALLY!!!!!! AFTER 16 YEARS!!!!! HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH...

That night my incredibly awesome wife Holly, had an "open house" for me. She said a few family members were coming by...sounded good to me! NOPE...NOT EVEN CLOSE!! It was like "This is your life!" kind of a deal...there were folks I haven't seen in a while or for that matter friends that I didn't expect to see that night. I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

Of all the folks who were there, I gotta mention two guys who are to this day mentors to me. They will never really know how much they have impacted my life and have been incredible examples of what it means to be a Godly man. Kerry Jones, who was my youth minister at Valley View Church in Louisville and Rick Trexler, who was my campus minister at EKU. You guys are such great encouragers to me! I am a blessed man to have you as mentors in my life.

GREAT DAY and GREAT NIGHT of celebration! Thanks Holly-bird for everything...You really surprised me with all of this. Thanks to you and Bryan for allowing me to finish this degree...dang, I'm glad it's finished. You guys are awesome...and you are the love of my life.








1 comment:

+ Alan said...

I'm glad we got to come and share in your big day man. It was good to see you and hang out a bit. Grace and Peace to you!