Monday, February 02, 2009

Crazy Sunday


So...for the first time in TEN YEARS...I had the opportunity to watch the Superbowl in the comfort of my own home, along with a host of friends. You see we typically have a big Superbowl Party at the church and for the past ten years, that's where I've been. BUT, because of all that transpired last week with the ice storm and because the cable TV was knocked out at the church...we canceled and encouraged folks to invite folks over to their homes and enjoy the Superbowl there.

Great first half, I was very pumped for my Steelers...enjoyed halftime watching the Boss put on a great show...beginning of the third quarter...ZAP! Our power goes out. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I shouted. We lit the candles...everyone left...I had one of my former yutes text me play-by-play until the end. (Thanks Tate!)

Of course this morning going into the office everyone is talking about how great the game was...what a great second half...what a great catch by Holmes..."Hey Jeff did you see it? Did you see it?"

"NO" I said.

1 comment:

Robo said...

I can't believe you missed the greatest 4th quarter ever in a Super Bowl .
Sorry to hear about that buddy :(