Sunday, March 29, 2009

Frustrated


The "Run of Ellie" has taken a bit of a break this past week. Seems last Saturday's run aggravated my Achilles tendon. So I rested two days and tried to run on Tuesday...got two miles and had to stop.

I then became a student of how the Achilles tendon works, how to treat an injury, all the appropriate steps to getting it back to full strength. I even went to the doctor on Friday, but really didn't get any words of wisdom.

So...Holly and I went to John's Run Shop in Lexington yesterday, talked with another fellow runner, told him where I was in my training...ended up buying some arch inserts to help stabilize everything.

I've iced, elevated, popped lots ibuprofen...and rested this dang thing. Come Monday I'm going to try a light run and see how it feels.

Regardless of how it feels from here on out...the run for Ellie will happen, because I can be a stubborn man! I may end up walking a portion of it...but hey, the goal is to complete it!

So please pray for my Achilles tendon!

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

I'm praying right now! And, a friend gave me 3 more checks for "Running for Ellie" that she collected at her work. God is so good! I'll put them in the mail tomorrow. Love ya...

Bird's Words said...

he's running as I type this.. I am praying it's a smooth run, and the Achilles holds up. He's serious when he says he's gonna run, no matter what! Anyone wonder where Bryan gets his stubbornness from now?