Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Still running for Ellie

I'm about four weeks into my training for the Mini-Marathon in Louisville...trying to build endurance right now. A just for the record I'm a real "turtle" when I run...not really worried about my time...just want to finish!

I'm still raising support by running for Ellie. My goal is to get 100+ people to support a dollar a mile...13 miles x 1 dollar = $13 bucks. So far I've got maybe 60+ involved...it's been a great motivator!

Last October I bought some new running shoes...Nike+ puts out a great running shoe, especially for how I run. And the really cool part about the Nike+ is the gadget you can buy with it. It's a chip that fits into the shoe...there's a receiver that connects to your ipod nano...download the program and it will track your running.

Tracks your mileage, time, splits, calories, etc. pretty cool gadget. After a run you download the info onto your computer and you can see the progress, make goals, share info with friends...

So here's a run that I did a few weeks ago...like I said, I'm a turtle when I run!

2 comments:

Bird's Words said...

i'm so proud of you!

Jo Ann said...

Me too!! And Ellie will be too when she hears all about this!