Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am Mr. Mom


Do you remember the 1983 flick where Michael Keeton's character loses his job, his wife goes off to work and he becomes "Mr. Mom." Lot's of great one liners in this one!

Well as of Monday that's what I've been, Mr. Mom. No I didn't lose my job...instead my church blessed me with 8 weeks of family medical leave. So for the next 8 weeks, I won't be in the office...I'll be teaching our Mosaic class on most Sunday's, but other than that I get some time off to be able to take care of our little girl.

I'm trying to make a "check-list" of things that we want to do together...so far? We've gone to the duck pond on EKU's campus, we've had two breakfast dates, watched a few episodes of Veggie Tales, we're singing songs every day...and lots of laughing!

I'm really excited about this time off...I want to keep on connecting with Ellie as she continues to connect with us. Everyday we see a little more of her personality and how she lives life...we're learning her likes and dislikes, etc.

God has such an incredible plan for her life. I'm so grateful to be her daddy and to be a part of this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WHAT AN EXTRA-ORDINARY BLESSING THIS IS...AND THE DEVELOPING TIME YOU 2 WILL SHARE ALSO.....YOU ARE ONE VERY GOOD MAN, JEFF PROSSER...ONE THAT MAKES OUR LORD PROUD, YOUR PARENT(S) PROUD, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR CHILDREN, AND FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE MET YOU, BLESSED TO HAVE DONE SO!!