Monday, March 29, 2010

In training...


Mini-Marathon is in four weeks...here are some thoughts...

-The best part about running...is when it's over! So why run? It's a goal...something that drives my competitive side...
-Got some new running shoes last week...after running ten miles on Saturday I came to the conclusion that buying the shoes was EXACTLY what I needed. Feet didn't hurt afterward, knees felt great...good money spent!
-Running shoes last anywhere between 300-600 miles.
-After Saturday's run my calves are still on fire!
-Saturday I ran with my buddy Jon...running buddies are a good thing...that encouragement part was pretty huge for me, especially trekking up a steep, long hill.
-PROUD of my wife Hollybird...she's been rocking the training. Did I mention I was PROUD of her!
-Right now I'm averaging a 10:30 - 11:00 minute per mile...would love to make that a solid 10 minute mile.
-My goal for the mini is too finish in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

No comments: