Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dad & Lad Day


On Friday Holly, Bryan and I were at Hobby town in Lexington. Bryan scored on some cash from his recent hospitalization and the money was burning a hole through his pocket.

We checked out the rocket section of the store. I have always wanted to try these things out, even as a kid. So I halved the purchase with Bryan and later that day we headed to the EKU intramural fields (wide open space) for "the launch."

We got everything in place...even followed all the directions! The box said this rocket would go 1,000 feet...I was a bit leery of that claim. Bryan started the count down and boom! 1,000 feet had to be the minimum height! We were high fiving each other jumping up and down like kids (well, I was acting like the kid, Bryan was acting normal).

The rocket kept going and going...then a gust of wind began and we then said good-bye to our rocket. Apparently we didn't go out far enough in the fields...the rocket, I think is somewhere on the top of the Exide building on the EKU bypass. So we got one great launch. But I couldn't let our rocket adventure end there!

I went to Wal-Mart and bought another rocket...by that time it got too dark to launch, so the next day we all came out to the fields. We made 5 successful launches...they were all pretty incredible to watch. I again was hootin' and hollerin' like a kid...what a day!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

AWESOME!!
And what a fun surprise for some crew worker at the Exide building.

Bryan looks really great considering what all has happened to him in the last 2 weeks.

We love you guys!!

L & G in C,T