Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What I'm reading / read

Ever since the last seminary class was finished in early June, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading a wide variety of books...mind you, these are books that I have chosen to read, not required (makes them much more enjoyable!)

As a reader I'm nowhere in the same ballpark as my lovely wife Holly. She is a reader-holic...but I do enjoy soaking in a good book. So here's what I've read since June and what I'm currently reading:

Why My Wife Thinks I'm an Idiot by Mike Greenberg
I'm a huge fan of Mike & Mike in the Morning ESPN radio Found myself laughing out loud while reading this one.

Night by Elie Wiesel A holocaust survivor's story as as teenager...tough book to read...can't comprehend how people can devalue human life

Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli
A great, honest, blunt book about our relationship with God. Highly recommend!

Flyboys by James Bradley Great book about American fighter pilots in WW2

Next Generation Leader: 5 Essentials for those who will shape the Future by Andy Stanley Superb book on leadership...very practical for anyone in a leadership position.

The Present Future by Reggie McNeal (currently reading) A real charge to the church that how we are doing church today...ain't working! We have to do things differently...one huge key is becoming much more "missional minded."

Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell I've heard Rob several times at different conferences over the years...good teacher and Old Testament guru. Intriguing book...kinda thinking outside the box stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think for the first time in our marriage, you have "outread" me recently! It's fun, isn't it??? I totally agree on "Night", "Messy Spirituality" and "Velvet Elvis". For the record.... I do NOT think you are an idiot! Like i have said before, I think you are a genius!
love you...