Friday, September 08, 2006

overwhelmed right now

Last night around 8pm we had to take our son Bryan to the emergency room at UK hospital. Seems he had a really nasty abscess by the area where he had surgery about 6 weeks ago. My little guy was hurting bad. They admitted him late last night; around midnight...I stayed with him while Holly came home. Nobody got any sleep.

Today they performed a surgery to fix the abscess and to try and figure out what's going on, because were not real sure. It hit me really hard today as they were putting Bryan to sleep how this isn't supposed to happen to 10 year old boys. I know it could be worse...but I guess I'm just tired for my son in having to go through all of this.

Holly is staying with him tonight...he is so tired, as we are too. They are continuing to treat everything with antibiotics...we may go home tomorrow, not real sure.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts...thanks to my in-laws and Mike and Sherrie Eckler for coming by to visit. Those kinds of things help and mean so much to us.

A HUGE thanks to several of my youth who came by the house today and raked my grass. It got kind of high this past week...so my plan was to rake it after cutting it last night. We are having an open house this Sunday and the grass stuff really had to be done...so THANKS guys...you are awesome...that really takes a load off of me.

I'm going to bed now...I've found it helps deal with "stuff" when you write/type it down. This blog does that for me at times.

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to everything you said here! it is too much for our little guy to go through. I just want to say how thankful I am to you, for being such an awesome dad and husband. Every time we go through more crap, i find more reasons to love you!

Anonymous said...

We, too, are so sorry that our favorite little boy in the whole world is having to go through all this - and we are also sorry that you two are having to face it. But, we are so proud of all of you for leaning on our God to get you through it and for being strong and courageous for each other and for Bryan. We are here for you anytime - day or night - and we love you all so very much.

+ Alan said...

Praying for him Jeff. I pray for his healing, that God would clean that mess out. I believe He can and will. I pray for strength and Peace for you guys too.