Monday, January 08, 2007

Say it ain't so Bobby!


What has happened to "LOYALTY"? If you didn't know or haven't heard, maybe you don't even care...Louisville Football Coach Bobby Petrino is now the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. This is of course after he has said numerous times, "I'm not going anywhere...Louisville is home...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH." (I added the BLAH's)

But I guess I can't blame him or the 25 million reasons why he's going. Really, I mean how much money does one person need? And I know it may not be about money...it's the challenge, right? WHAT HAPPENED TO LOYALTY?

Oh well...life goes on...God is still God (and that's what's really important!) But I'm a little steamed...oh...and the other guy in the pic (Brian Brohm)...you can say your goodbye's to him too, cause I'll make a small wager that he's not coming back for his senior year.

Thanks Bob...Go Cards!

A disgruntled fan of Louisville Cardinal Football

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean no trips to the Ville for games next season?

Geron Brown said...

better hold that purchase for the season tickets

Anonymous said...

At first, I was upset and vowed never to follow college football again. I agree, can we not get a little loyalty? Student-athletes are penalized for breaking a contract--they must sit out a year. Coaches? Please. No one even expects them to honor a full contract. Gone are the days of someone like Tommy Lasorda (old Dodgers manager). He worked each year on a one-year contract. He had over 25 one-year contracts! His goal was for the Dodgers to evaluate him each year and invite him back. Today, coaches have to wrap their fingers around money for extra long contracts, even when they know they won't fulfill them. Those were my thoughts before I settled down and decided that I would still watch the Cards, whoever the coach is. Long live UofL! Go Cards!