Sunday, July 01, 2007

I crumbled and gave in

A few post ago; I was telling you of a goal that I had set out for myself. For years now I've been a diet-coke-aholic...I can easily admit it. So my goal was to go three weeks with no pop...first week came and went (not without its challenges and serious cravings for pop, also some HUGE headaches as well!) The second week was good until Friday night.

We decided to go to The Pub in Lexington for some grub...they have a great fish & chips there. I succumbed to the temptation and had 2 glasses of Diet Coke with a lime...and dang, if it wasn't the best Diet Coke with lime that I'd ever had.

So the goal wasn't quite met...since Friday I've had a few other diet cokes (just during dinner)...I'm even drinking some Kool-aid right now. At least this time I went longer than four hours!

3 comments:

+ Alan said...

OK, I could think of other beverages one could have at The Pub my brutha. :)

Anonymous said...

Jeff!! Man you couldnt go 3 weeks?? Well I am proud of you that you went longer than 4 hours. I guess you did do better this time!!! Oh well just stop drinking them and try again!!!

Anonymous said...

Alan.... do tell. What do you suggest? The choices were so many that I had to go for a diet coke too!! :)