Friday, October 19, 2007

random-ness

-Crazy weather here...it's mid-October and it's been like 80 degrees. I'm a 'summer time' guy, but this is ridiculous...I'm even ready for some cooler weather.

-Bryan got his cast off this past Monday. His arm didn't look all that bad after being wrapped up for almost five weeks. The doc said he still needs to take it easy on any heavy activity for at least three more weeks.

-What is going on in the world of college football?? Everyone is getting beat! Anybody see South Florida get knocked off by Rutgers? This gives my Cards a chance at the Big East title...if they win out from here.

-This Sunday I'll be leading our college Bible study. In my new role, this ministry is one of my new responsibilities...and I'm really stoked about teaching again. We've taken a different approach to trying to meet our college students needs. We encourage them to sleep in on Sunday's...come to our 11am worship...following that we have lunch and a time of bible study with them. So not a bad deal!

-I'm still 'transitioning' into my new role at FBC...still working behind-the-scenes with our youth ministry. We've got a youth interim, whose doing an outstanding job, while our search team had been looking. Keep on praying for our search team...they've received about 100 resumes so far! But I'm really enjoying a wide variety of areas of ministry in this new role...I'm definitely being stretched spiritually.

-Been reading some really good books lately...I'll blog about one in particular sometime soon. It's pretty eye opening for anyone who is a follower of Christ. The book is called "UnChristian"...I just started it, so I'll share some thoughts about it soon.

-It's been a long, but good week. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow (my day off) will consist of the following:
*Coffee and newspaper at Starbucks (after dropping Bryan off at school)
*Driving range...gotta work on the short game a bit (if it doesn't rain)
*Work in the yard...planting some grass seed! (if it doesn't rain!)
*Play some guitar hero with B
*Watch the Cards vs UCONN at 8pm (espn!)

No comments: