Thursday, October 11, 2007

Top five list...

Last week as Bryan I were driving home from somewhere...he asked me, "Alright dad...what's your top five favorite songs of all time, in no particular order" (he actually said that too!) So after much thought we both shared our songs and who performed them. Here's my top five (in no particular order!)

1. "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds (This is song came out in 80's...it was featured in the movie "The Breakfast Club." The song just takes me back to highschool.)

2. "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2 (I'm a huge fan...incredible experience to see them perform this live back in 1987 at Rupp...gives you goose bumps. And...I remember some great memories back in the college days, of my good buddy Alan Creech and I traveling on Old Richmond Road cranking this song up as loud as his stereo could handle...I think that was in the blue Honda Accord?? is that right Alan??)

3. "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel (again, featured in the movie with John Cusack, Say Anything"...remember him holding up the 'jam box' over his head in front of the girls house??)

4. "Jesus Freak" by dcTalk (just a stinking rockin' song that spells it out)

5. "Sweet Home Alabama" by Skinny Lynrd, I mean Lynyrd Skynyrd (in my book one of the best 'crank it up loud while you are driving' songs EVER!)

Okay what are your top five favorite songs of ALL times? Share them with everyone...and remember, in no particular order (my son cracks me up!)

3 comments:

+ Alan said...

Dude! Yes, blue Accord - crAANkin' it loud - that song and what was the other one, something about Silver. Good stuff. I love In Your Eyes too, and the Simple Minds song. I'm tellin' you, some seriously good music came out of the 80s. Some crap too but it was an experimental period and that'll happen I guess. Good memories.

Anonymous said...

okay, here goes. my top five in no particular order...
1. Leo Sayer "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" (i am not ashamed that i know every word!)
2. Eric Clapton "Change the World"
3. Kenny Rogers "Through the Years" (yes, it's sappy, but i love the man)
4. "The Praise Song" by Third Day (I think that's who did it anyway)
5. It's a tie between Natalie Grant's "The Real Me" and "A Fox on the Run" (I have no idea who did it. I like the way you sing it Jeff!)
There they are... there are tons more I could add, but these come to mind first.. again in no particular order (except Leo Sayer... he is #1!!)

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Top Five Songs that Make Me Turn the Stereo Up as Loud As it Will Go:

1) "Here it Goes Again" - OK Go. Infectious rhythm, funny lyrics, and great mental image of the treadmill video ensure I always smile when I hear this song, and just have to sing along.

2) "You Can Call Me Al" - Paul Simon. It's Paul Simon, 'nuff said.

3) "Sound of Silence" - Simon and Garfunkel. Are you sensing a theme here?

4) "Stray Cat Strut" - Stray Cats. I've loved this song since I was five or six years old.

5) "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" - U2. I don't really need to explain this one, do I?