Friday, December 14, 2007

Revenge!

A year ago this weekend, Holly and I awoke from a very refreshing night of sleep, ready to spend the day in celebration of her day of birth. It was a cold Saturday morning; Bryan was with my in-laws, so Holly and I had the entire day for just us.

As a walked into the kitchen I noticed something white whipping around our deck outside...as I looked closer, I saw that we had been TP'd. So then I'm thinking...if that's in the back, there's no telling what the front looks like! I open the front door and my eyes beheld an array of pranking on our new home. At least 20-25 rolls of toilet paper were used...about 150 forks were firmly planted in our yard. Our cars were wrapped tightly as well. Not only was it cold, but it had rained just enough to make everything extra messy! Urrgghhhhhh...I thought to myself.

Being a youth minister for 18 years, I've had my fair share of being pranked and believe me it's a strange way of your youth (or youth leaders!) letting you know how much you are loved. And this particular "trashing" of the house was done very well! My neighbor was dumbfounded as to why people would do such a thing...as I was trying explain everything to him...he did loan me his ladder because I had to get up on my ROOF to take down the TP.

This past Wednesday night I took revenge on one of the culprits...I'd been saving these packing peanuts for about 4 months. Ahhhh it was sweet! I think one of my better "get backs." Kudos to b-rose for being a good sport (you still owe me a pair of shoes...New Balance size 11 please)...thanks to "others" who had helped!

And by the way...Adam, you are next (when you arrive home from serving God overseas...I'm showing you grace for now!)

1 comment:

Robo said...

I remember the time when Laura Carr and teens wrapped Holly's car before she had to go to work during a Disciple Now Weekend back in your early days of Broadway Baptist. Good times, goood times.