Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday??


Is it really a "Happy" Birthday when you are turning 40? I'm not sure why, but the idea of turning 40 is kinda bothering me just a bit. I know, I know it's just a number...or it's not about the age only how you feel...it's a number that measures where you are in life...hmmmm...am I missing any others?

Here is just a few minutes I'll officially turn the big 40. After church tomorrow we are going to Frankfort to meet my sis and her family at Carino's. I'm looking forward to being with my family and celebrating...it's just a number right? I shouldn't make it a real big deal, right?

Oh check this out! My birthday gift from Hollybird...2 practice round tickets to the PGA Ryder Cup on September 16th. I AM STOKED! What an awesome gift! And I'm taking my beautiful bride with me. She told me I could take anybody I wanted...easy decision there! Love you Bird...

Please don't anyone call me old tomorrow or any days after that! Bring on the next 40...now that's really hard to imagine.

4 comments:

Robo said...

You have done many great things in your life and I expect many more. I've know you for 20 years now, besides my immediate family, I've known you longer than anyone else. That includes Kim ;)
I love you like a brother and I would never call you old, just friend.
Enjoy it my friend. You deserve it.

Bird's Words said...

okay.. so I guess I owe you a Carino's dinner now, don't I? Hope you had a great day. I LOVE that you are 40!! It means we are spending a lot of years together.
Oh, and thanks for taking me to the Ryder Cup... I am looking forward to it!
I love you

Jo Ann said...

40?????? That's not old....I have a son that old!!! 2 of them!!!

We love ya...............

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Turning 40! It's a great time to look back a little and take immediate steps forward. I'd love for you to drop by http://www.turning40.net and share your experience with my readers.

Best,

Mark