Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Up's & Down's


As you can see I haven't been a very good blogger lately. I've been in a little bit bit of a funk with an array of life happenings. Now I typically am one who tries to live out life to its fullest...even in those moments of struggles and doubts, in the moments when life is just "golden"...in those moments of uncertainty...you get the picture?

I've had some struggles of late:
-Questioning God about life and death
-Parenting my beautiful son Bryan
-The church and trust

Those are the big three! I could speak to each of them at great length. In the midst of some of the confusion of them all I can see God at work. It's odd to watch, but I can really see God chipping away and sculpting a great piece of art in the end. I guess it's that waiting for the end that's tough to do...is there really an end? I'm sure there is, but who knows what it will look like then. And I'm wanting to find joy in the middle of the struggle...and I am!

I've been able to find some good rest the past few weeks. I went on a three day golf outing with some buds last week...great time (I'll post some other time!) This week at FBC is Family Home Week. That means no nightly meetings this whole week, and no services tonight...we encourage folks to spend time with their family, so that's what I'm doing. We love family home week.

Lot's of updates to give you...
1. Basement / Looking good and almost ready for drywall
2. The Big 40 is coming this Sunday...my birfday
3. Holly's big birthday present to me
4. We got a new cat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I see you nearly every day, I've missed your blog thoughts! Been a tough few, huh?

You're the best "little guppie" around!!

P.S. I KNOW who Paul Hornung is...you didn't have to explain!!

MLE