Friday, May 14, 2010

Running after the Mini


I ran the mini marathon a few weeks ago...13.1 miles! This is was fourth time running this race, twice in high school...last year of course was the "Run for Ellie" and then this year.

Finished the race despite some serious leg cramping at mile ten. Never have I experienced this kind of cramping before. I guess not enough water inside of me.

This year I was extremely excited that Holly completed her first mini. Even with a temperature of 101 at the beginning of the race. Her fever broke about mile nine and she finished very strong! I was so proud of my wife!

So...it's been almost a month since the mini and on Tuesday this past week I ran for the first time since and in all actuality it felt as if it was the first time that I had ever ran!! Dang it was tough. Just ran three miles, but it felt like ten.

Got out again tonight and ran three again...not as bad, but tough.

Not sure what's next in my "running career." I'm considering doing a 5K on Memorial Day and then a 10K on July 3rd. I really enjoy the first mile and then when the running is complete.

We'll see...my goal is to do three miles three times a week, maybe build from there. My mind would like to attempt a full marathon...but my body at this point is yelling, "You got to be kidding me!"

No comments: