Thursday, April 26, 2007

golf season is in full SWING (get it!)


I’m an avid golfer…been playing since 1993 when a friend gave me an old set of clubs. Thought I’d never play golf…matter of fact growing up I was always the one who made fun of golfers and people who played golf. Years later not only do I play, but I love to watch it on TV!

Every year I play in the KY Baptist Ministers Golf Tournament…it’s a two day event, usually played at Cherry Blossom G.C. in Georgetown, KY. At last year’s dinner I had won a way cool door prize…it was a round of golf with Dr. Bill Crouch (Georgetown College Prez) and two buddies of my choice at the Lexington Country Club.

So tomorrow afternoon me along with Kerry Jones and Brad Burns and of course Dr. Crouch will be hitting the links together…everything (the golf, lunch, shirts, etc.) all on Dr. Crouch of course. What a great prize! Sure beats the pewter key ring I won two years ago!

You can go here to check out the Lexington Country Club…looks like a real swanky place…reminds me of the movie Caddyshack for some reason. I’m bringing my camera along for the ride so I’ll take plenty of pics of our round.

1 comment: