Saturday, April 07, 2007

Spring Break

Much has taken place since the last blog…I sometimes go into a “don’t wanna blog” mode…I was looking back from last year about this time and had similar hiatus.

Bryan has been on Spring Break this past week…here’s what we’ve been up to!

MONDAY
-Took half of a day off and Bryan and I played some Frisbee golf at Shilito Park in Lex. It was like 85 degrees and not a cloud in the sky…a very good day

WEDNESDAY
-I took 18 of our yutes to play a friendly game of paintball. I love playing me some paintball! It was stinking cold, but loads of fun. I took several good hits throughout the day…it’s like they all gang up on me just because I’m the “youth minister”. Didn’t bother me…still loads of fun!

THURSDAY
-Took the whole day off…slept in a bit (8:30am!). Holly took off for Texas to visit our good friend Laura Coleman (she was having her second child)…so we took Holly to the airport, dropped her off…and then the “Dad and Lad” adventure started.

-Bryan and I went to the Fayette Mall…did a bit of window shopping…took in a movie and went to Logan’s for dinner. Nothing like a father and son eating steak together.

-Came home, stayed up late playing some video games…a great day!

FRIDAY
-Slept in a bit this morning (9:00am)…played some video games with Bryan, started catching up on all the Master’s action from Thursday (I love watching golf…especially The Master’s)
-Went back to Lexington…ate lunch at Hananoki (Japanese hibachi grill)…went to Barnes and Noble…took in another movie (Ghost Rider!!)…came home…played some more video games…

TODAY (Saturday)

-Had breakfast at Cracker Barrel...mmmmm…went and got haircuts…came home and hung out…actually Bryan napped and I watched the Master’s. Gotta say that golf never looked better on this 50 inch Plasma screen (still can’t believe that Holly won that!)

-The rest of the night we’ve literally done nothing! Bryan is playing some video games…I actually did some ironing of clothes for church tomorrow.

-Another great day!

**Can’t say how much I miss Hollybird…dang I can’t wait till she gets home! Kind of odd her being gone for several days...so this must be what she feels when I'm away for camps and retreats!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's kind of nice to have that other perspective isn't it??

Anonymous said...

while you wait for holly to return, see geron's blog post for a huge laugh....he went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled...drugs...check it out
lyd