Sunday, April 29, 2007

Friday's golf game w/ KJ, Brad and Crouch


What a day on Friday...skies were a bit overcast, a little breezy and cool…But what a day for some golf.I told you from my last post about this outing that I was having, so read that to get caught up.

When I arrived at the Lexington Country Club one of the workers came and got our bags for us and loaded them up on the carts. At that point I knew all of us were in a different "golf" world.

Before the game we had lunch at the LCC dining room along with Kerry Jones, Brad Burns, H.K. Kincaid and Bill Crouch. Sitting in the dining area along with lots of other gentlemen having their lunch before their tee time, I was thinking, "Dang, I wonder how much 'money' is in this room?"

After lunch Dr. Crouch encouraged us to go to the driving range to get warmed up...now I've been to lots of driving ranges over the years, but nothing like this. There were pyramids of golf balls for each golfer to whack at...we hit some balls, got loose, putted around one of the putting greens and then headed for the first tee.

At this point I could've left and said I had a good day! I mean the stinking driving range grass was nicer than most public course fairways. But we went on...all the grass was Kentucky bluegrass and it was finely manicured! If you missed the fairway on your drive, you paid for because the rough was just that...rough.

The first four holes I was hitting one over par! After that, the proverbial wheels sorta fell off. I had several pars throughout the day, but I also had my share of bogeys, a couple doubles and one nasty nine!

All in all a great day of golf! I was trying to soak everything in and still play a good game. When we were finished and we drove our carts back to the clubhouse...one of the workers comes out and says, "Can I clean your clubs sir?" After I looked around to see who he was talking to...I realized he was talking to me! I said, "Certainly you can...and add an extra $50 tip for your time...and oh by the way charge it to my friend Dr. Bill Crouch!"

A good day of golf with some good ole friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.....and that's my son-in-law folks! One time I think I beat him in putt-putt!!!!