Monday, November 17, 2008

Hunting Trip and other randomness...

Okay, still having a hard time pulling the pics off the phone...but since no deer was harvested (fancy way of saying shot!)...no great pics!

But for five days I hunted my heart out...enjoyed time with my father-in-law, played some cards, did lots of junk food eating. Each day began around 5am and we were in our stands by 6:20am. Something pretty magical about the woods coming "alive"...it's very still at first and then things get stirring with all the different varmints. It's a very regal experience!

Saw lots of deer, but decided not to "harvest" one (I've always thought that to be a funny way of saying 'kill') Lot's of little bucks (4 points and less...you see my plan is to let these younglings live now and get them next year.)

Great time! Wish I could have stayed longer, but thankful for the time I had.

RANDOMNESS:
-Our pastor continues to be on sabbatical...two more weeks and he'll be back in the saddle. So far...hmmmmmm...I think I'll hold off and give a summation when he returns. I've learned and hopefully grown much.

-Really looking forward to some THANKSGIVING! We'll be headed to my sister's house in the woods of Taylorsville. Mmmmmmmmm...

-The adoption process continues to move forward...still waiting, but dang if were not getting excited!

-The Louisville Cardinals Football team stinks...The Louisville Cardinal Basketball team is going to dominate, they are loaded! But I hope and pray they won't be VMI'ed!

No comments: