Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Getting more real


As I was tucking Bryan in bed tonight (yep, he still wants me to do that and I love it)...we always pray and have been praying for Ellie to come home soon. When we finished it dawned on me how much closer we are to having her home.

What has transpired in the past two weeks is nothing short of a miracle from God...and to have an actual picture of her is pretty exciting. But on the other hand it has made us even more anxious and ready for her to be home. I'd post a pic of her, but at this point we can't because of various reasons...BUT don't think for a moment that I haven't been flashing her picture to friends and family. Back in the office this week anyone who comes into my office will be seeing her.

Please keep on praying...we hope to be traveling to get her in the Spring. We are still saving and raising funds to make that happen...pray for Ellie, pray for her current caregivers, pray for us...God is an awesome God.

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

Jeff, I know you and Holly are really excited about Ellie. She is a beautiful little girl! I'm looking forward to seeing her. It want be long. God is working this out and it will be soon! We showed her picture to every one at church tonight. They all think she is beautiful!!God is Great!!! Love you Guys, Lloyd

Unknown said...

Jeff....please, please...if raising money is part of getting her here earlier than spring...tell me.......cause i will do all i can to raise money!! and I am not 1/2 bad @ doing so when needed to ....haha...I have such a innocent face, and not afraid to ASK for it!! when for a great wonderful cause....

Love you all.....

vicki

Bird's Words said...

Go for it, Vicki! we are saving money for travel, hoping to get enough together to take Bryan over there with us as we think that is very important for him! every little bit helps, that's for sure. this is one expensive journey!
thanks for the offer!