Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby...


All the snow/ice talk got me all riled up last night...I woke up around 4:45am today, just couldn't sleep. I began to hear the sounds of the freezing rain bouncing off the windows...and then all the news stations began to report all over town of ICE STORM 2009.

I couldn't even get out of the drive way this morning, that was a good sign to get my butt back inside. It was a good day to be inside! Holly and I ventured out later in the afternoon, once some of the ice "softened"...

Around 6pm all of our power went out...so we took off to Lexington and got a hotel for the next couple of nights.

This morning (Wednesday) we got up and went to the house to check on the cats and get more clothes, etc. WOW...trees are down everywhere! I've got some pics (post later!)...I'm actually finishing this blog at Best Buy in Hamburg. Holly stayed at the hotel and Bryan and I ventured out to find something to do.

Were not sure how long the power will be out, so we are making the best of things...thankful for a warm place to sleep!

Tonight...we're going to BW3's to eat and watch the Cards at 7pm...tomorrow we'll reevaluate everything and go from there.

No comments: