Monday, April 06, 2009

Back on track for the "Run for Ellie"


Two weeks ago I thought I had aggravated my achilles tendon...I went to see a physical therapist last Thursday and they gave a better prognosis...not my achilles, but some other tendons in the foot. Although it's still a little painful, the fact that it's not the achilles boosted my spirits way up! They showed me how to properly tape my foot(to give it more support) encouraged to continue with ice and ibuprofen...and to continue training.

So...we are three weeks away for the "Run for Ellie." As of today I think we have 80+ people on board for support. Today the goal is five miles...it's rainy and cold after two days of 75 degree weather (that's Kentucky for you!)...so we'll bundle up and run.

Here's a link to the whole event...it's already been capped off at 12,000 runners!

No comments: