Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I wonder...


if Captain Phil Harris had ever confessed Jesus as Lord of his life. I've been a fan of the Deadliest Catch every since it started. I'm not sure what is so intriguing about a documentary of men fishing for crab on the Bering Sea...but dang, it's such a cool show.

I like most of the ships and their captains/crews:
-Sig Hansen and the Northwestern
-Johnathan Hillstrand and the Time Bandit

and of course
-Phil Harris and the CorneliaMaria

Phil is survived by his two sons Jake and Josh who were deckhands on the boat. He was a pretty gruff man who smoked like a chimney and cursed like a...captain of a boat?

When I heard this news of him dying from a stroke...the first thing a thought about was his eternal home. Did anyone ever tell him about Jesus? The gospel story? About what Jesus did for him on the cross?

I just wonder.

No comments: