Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"Karate men bleed on the inside!" - Eddie Murphy Trading Places


What up everyone!
As I have said in a previous post, my nine year old son, Bryan has a new hobby / interest…Japanese culture / stuff. I’m not quite sure where he got this, probably from the “Iron Chef” (thanks Geron…great show!). Anyhoo, he really has taken a liking to this ethnicity. For Christmas he got a Barnes and Noble gift card and what do you think he bought? Something about Star Wars? Or sports cars? Nope, not even close…he got a Japanese dictionary, a Japanese calendar and a book on how to do Japanese calligraphy. Is that not amazing!

So a good friend from our church, Sensei Ron Boyd gave him his own gi, with a white belt; loaned him a pair of num chucks and a practice knife to check out AND a free visit to one of his aikido classes. Bryan went last week…he came home trying to flip me…he’s going back this Thursday night. I am so proud of him. Tonight before bed he told me “good night” in Japanese!

“Everyone was kung-foo fighting…those kicks were fast as lightening.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOYOTA, SUZUKI,SANYO,YAMAHA---IM WELL VERSED