Thursday, January 26, 2006

Where was I one year ago today...hmmmm

Whew...what a day! B-U-S-Y, but good!

Sitting here thinking about what I could blog about...and it struck me where I was one year ago today. Holly, Bryan and I were flying over the Atalntic ocean to Heathrow Airport in London...our ultimate destination was Uganda, Africa.

For several years we had been praying about going oveseas and doing a family mission trip...we had a connection in Uganda (a family who are missionaries through the International Mission Board). So after much prayer and planning we went.

We spent 14 INCREDIBLE days in Uganda, particularly ministering in a remote village called Ntaala. We built some great relationships with the most humble people we've ever met in Ntaala...these people were amazing to talk with (through interpreters of course!). Holly spent several days teaching the women about the Bible and about a new life they could have in Jesus Christ. It was a priviledge for me to spend several days teaching to the men of the village...learning from scripture what it meant to be a Godly husband and father. We did hut-to-hut evangelism...saw many folks invite Jesus Christ into their lives. Witnessed over 40 people be baptized in Lake Kyoga.

There are some parts of my life that have been changed forever because of my experience...how I view things and situations, the value of relationships, the value of the Bible...many more. I hoped to go back one day...I'd love to see where some of the people we encountered in that little village are in their lives. I keep pictures of them up in my office and on my computer...matter fact just got done looking through our photo album of the trip.

Folks, we have it made compared to many people outside the United States. I am thankful for my country, although it is not perfect and probably never will be, I am thankful. We live in a land of abundance and I will always be grateful.

Where were you one year ago? What was your life like then...and what is it now?

Here are a few pics...
One is my family, Ethan and Kira (missionary kiddo's) and Susan (our Compassion International Child that our youth ministry has supported for almost seven years now)

Another pic is of my friend Moses...a fairly new Christian brother.

The last pic is a sunrise on the Nile River...pretty darn cool! Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One year ago today we were in transition between churches. Not for sure what God had ahead, but knew He had a good plan and good things in store. Today, good things include a wonderful new church family, and soon, a wonderful new family member! We are looking forward to an amazing year!

Jeff Prosser said...

I'm so stoked!