Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Confession

(Setting the stage; standing in front of a group of people)
Hello, my name is Jeff..."hello Jeff!"...and I'm an Olympic junkie. I just can't help it...I love the Olympics. Since Friday night’s opening ceremonies, my lovely bride and I can’t seem to break away from watching.

It all stated with the biathlon, which led to the Nordic combined, then of course we had to watch the first of the speed skating after all we are Apolo Anton Ohno fans. Next thing you know I’m watching cross-country skiing. And I couldn’t discount the short track skating which is coupled to watching figure skating…yes, figure skating! I know, I know…I have a problem…I told you I was an Olympic junkie.

So last night I’m being the studious student and working on one of my classes…New Testament, particularly 1 Corinthians…while watching alpine skiing. I was totally distracted…so I went into the computer room and focused… I dug down deep, hunkered down with the Apostle Paul in his teachings to the church at Corinth. Thirty minutes later Holly comes in all bright eyed and smiles…Ted Ligety just shocked the alpine skiing world and took the gold in the men’s combined downhill. I looked at her at thought, “CRAP…I missed it!”


Oh well…twelve more days are left of the winter Olympics. Many more events to watch. More alpine skiing, figure skating, luge, one of my favorites the skeleton! And of course the one I’m really looking forward to watching and you might think I’m nuts…CURLING! Those guys can seriously work those brooms!

My name is Jeff…and I’m an Olympic junkie. Please pray for me.

4 comments:

Geron Brown said...

your behind on your curling man... the usa men are 3-1 and the usa women are 1-3. I watched the ladies take on denmark on my lunch hour. Oh the joy of TiVo. it comes on live everyday from 7:00-10:00am on cnbc, i think or msnbc.

Anonymous said...

I see he beat me to the posting as I was going to say I'd pray for you if you'd pray for my husband!!! He's an olympaholic..I got up for work the other morning--6:30 a.m. mind you, and someone was recording the Olympics at THAT time. IF you change the channel and mess up his recording schedule for the olympics, you will have to endure his wrath.

Jeff, I'll trade you a weekend with Holly for a weekend with Geron? Whaddya say??

Anonymous said...

i am bumming that we have apparently missed some curling! i guess no more daily routine can go one until the olympics are over becuase we can't miss anymore! hA HA HA!

Jeff Prosser said...

I don't have TiVo and I really don't want to get up in the early morning hours to watch...and usually I'm working between 7am-10am...does mean I'm not a junkie??