Thursday, April 27, 2006

CSI: Junkie



All right, I'll admit it...I'm a CSI junkie! Which one? All of them! Monday night, Wednesday night and Thursday night...when I am able I watch them. I love the shows and story lines, and yes the characters. Especially the lead guys.

Now in the beginning when there was just CSI: Crime Scene Investigation...well Gil Grissom was "da man"...he had a suave' about himself (not a Rico Suave!), just a suave'. Anyhoo, as CSI: Miami hit the scene you have Horatio Caine who is the head honcho. Now Horatio always seems to be standing sideways and has some very corny one liner’s, but they've grown on me over the years. But, still Grissom was the coolest in my book.

Then CSI: New York was born from the other two...at first I didn't like it, it seemed kinda of dark to me. But after awhile it grew on me. The man in charge is Det. Mac Taylor (played by Gary Sinise...you'll remember him as Lieutenant Dan).

For sometime I have thought that Gil Grissom from CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ruled as "top dog" of the head honchos of all of the CSI's. But as of last night...the tide has turned! I now believe Det. Mac Taylor to be my favorite. I like his humbleness, yet assertiveness in his character. Grissom has gotten a weird to me and Horatio stands sideways too much! Oh well just my opinion.


If you are a fan of CSI...who is your favorite? I can't wait until CSI: Richmond, KY. makes its début!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think... if you had gone on to be a state trooper, perhaps you would have become a CSI. Then YOU would have been the head man for CSI:Richmond... Would you stand sideways and pull your sunglasses down ever so slowly while saying something to the effect of "I think we have a murder here"? I think not! you would be way too "suave" for that, right?? That would be som "goose-bumping" tv right there. ha ha ha

+ Alan said...

I share you addiction my friend. So does Liz. She's the big Miami addict. I love it too. I think I'm still partial to the original though. Gil is ineed the man. Funny thing is their personalities. Gil, in another life, may likely have been one of the serial killers he loves to help capture. Eeeek! Not the best social skills in the world. And a little creepy, but smaaart. You notice, too, mostly in the lab.

Horatio, on the other hand - I call him St. Horatio for short - is almost always in the field and never in the lab. He's more a cop. But dude has the conscience of Mother Teresa! He's the guardian of the weak and helpless. He's got that sort of secret dark past though, interesting. Maybe they'll totally tell us what he did one day.

I have never really gotten into the New York one. Dark, like you said. I like Gary Sinise - like a cop and a lab guy both. Good guy. Not quite the Saint Horatio is but not creepy like Gil either. He's more like the normal guy. I tried to watch it at first and didn't get into the characters as much so stopped trying.

Cool stuff. Peace.

Anonymous said...

I was recently told there would never be a CSI Kentucky because all the DNA is the same. HA!! The guy actually said Hazard and Richmond is close enough to be considered central Kentucky, so there MIGHT be a CSI Richmond. Anyway, my fav is CSI Las Vegas. Did you all watch it last night? I'm surprised Geron didn't pull that on my mom at our wedding. Only kidding, only kidding.