Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Day and etc.

I'm kinda bummin' a bit today...actually it started yesterday. I had planned a Spring Break Mission trip for our youth this week. Going to Camp Willow Falls in Blue Ridge, GA. (a great place!) to work and serve. 33 of our youth and youth leaders left yesterday, but I had to stay behind because of my knee. I know it's the right thing to do, but I'm bummin' because I hate to miss out on these kinds of experiences...and I really love being with my teenagers. They are in good hands and I know they will have an outstanding week.

But on the other side of things I get to stay home with Holly and Bryan (that's always a plus!). Bryan is with the in-laws until tomorrow...we sure do miss him. I'm going to take a few days off and hang with my boy.

TODAY was opening day of the baseball season...the Cincinnati Reds are my team and they got their butts handed to them by the Cubs this afternoon. Oh well...162 more games to go! I'm a big baseball fan...we'll go see the Red-legs play several times this year, it's always a great time. I even play in a fantasy baseball league with several ole college buddies and friends; we call our league "Team Joboo" from the all time classic baseball movie...Major League.

No comments: