Saturday, June 03, 2006

One more time!


Tomorrow following our evening worship I'll be heading to the 'Ville (that's Louisville). I'm taking my FINAL seminary class at SBTS and then you can "stick a fork in me...cause I'll be done!" My degree requirements will be complete and come December I'll be "walking" in the graduation ceremony. I wish SBTS had a summer graduation, but they don't...I guess that will make the Christmas season that much sweeter.

The class I'm taking is called "Bible Teaching: Principles and Practice” So far the class prerequisites have been reading three text books. So far, great reading! I'm halfway finished with the last book. Here are the books, in case you are interested:
1. Creative Teaching Methods by Marlene D. LeFever
2. Design for Teaching and Training by LeRoy Ford
3. Creative Bible Teaching by Richards and Bredfelt

So there you go! Probably won't be able to do much blogging next week...the class goes Monday - Thursday 8am-6pm...I'll be staying with mom, which is always a great bonus of going to Louisville.

I would appreciate your prayers...I really strive to be a creative Bible teacher and I pray this class would help refine me into a more effective teacher of the most incredible book ever penned. Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

You can count on us to pray for you as you FINISH SEMINARY--YEA!!!

You should wear your Ray Bans when you walk.

Love ya!
Lydia and Geron and baby girl

Jeff Prosser said...

I'm doin' all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright I gotta wear shades
I gotta wear shades...

Little trivia question...who sang that 80's song??

Anonymous said...

Timbuk 3! didn't think I knew that one, did ya???