Friday, June 30, 2006

Good get-away!


We got back from Gatlinburg Wednesday night...had a great time with Holly's family. I'm always amazed how much I enjoy going to Gatlinburg. Been going for years...even honeymooned there!...it's always the same stuff every year, same stuff in the shops, same carmel apples, same food, etc. etc. get the idea? relate? But I love going to watch people and being with family.

We did some swimming...shopping...lot's of eating...played some serious cards (texas hold'em)...and a tradition that we have done every year...pranking my father-in-law. I'm not a huge prankster...but Holly, her brother and wife and I love to prank on Lloyd.

We've done a variety of things over the years. Bug in the ice cube trick (worked!), turning coke into "sludge" (worked), my personal favorite...the exploding toilet! (really worked)

Two years ago we got our hands on the "World's Largest Underwear", we tried to secure them to the back of his car on the way home...he caught us red handed.
So this year we brought them out of retirement...almost worked! The pics can somewhat explain. We laughed.

I want everyone to know that I have the "Worlds Greatest Father-In-Law"...I really mean that, he is one-of-a-kind and enjoys the pranks...usually afterwards, but he enjoys them. Love ya Lloyd...until next year!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am already scheming on how to get Dad good next time around! And I think that the underwear may have to come out even when we aren't vacationing!!! You are right... he is the greatest!!

Anonymous said...

Mom... we had to put your picture in here too... couldn't leave you out!!

Anonymous said...

You've had your fun BUT keep your eyes and ears open!!!!!!!!!! You never know what, when and where something could happen!! My advice - stay alert - never sleep -vengence will be mine sayeth your father-in-law!!!! But I do love you too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And what did I ever do to you two? I admit - he deserves it but not little ol' me!

Anonymous said...

want a little cheese with that Whine mom????

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe nextyear, we'll break out the exploding toilet seat! LOL love ya! BEEZER

Anonymous said...

Hey B......thought you were on our side and the exploding toilet seat did not get me....i knew it was there before i sat down so I really exploded it on purpose!!!! the trick is on you guys! That's the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!!

Anonymous said...

We have a picture of Aaron and Breanna sitting in that big rocking chair in front of Sleepy's! By the way, we love the oversized underwear...Ha Ha! We could really have some fun with that ourselves! Can't wait to see Florida pictures posted from our upcoming trip.
Jim, Lisa
Aaron and Breanna