Thursday, March 01, 2007

mom's retirement party


A few Sunday’s ago my sneaky sister and I put together a surprise retirement party for my mom, who retired back in January. Mom had worked for Sysco foods for about 29 years...that's a long time. She was the payroll manager there so of course everyone loved her!

As Hannibal from The "A" Team used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together!"...well that's what happened...and what a plan we had. We cooped up about 50+ people in mom's house (of course we both still have keys!). Lisa gave her a story about needing her to come home from a friends house...she did and whala! SURPRISE!

It was great time! We had folks from her work, church and of course family. My mom is something else...she is one of the most humble and loving mom's I know. She is still to this day one of my hero's for life...she has taught me so much about life and still does to this day. I'm glad she's retired now...I hope to see her more often!

Check out some of these great pics of her...doesn't she look surprised!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was a blast! I hope that we see a LOT more of her now that she is free from work. What a beautiful lady!