Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weekend wedding!

There are a plethora of highlights being involved youth ministry...one of those highlights took place for me this past weekend. Before moving to Richmond, KY we lived in Stanford, KY (like a John Mellancamp small town!). While in Stanford I served as minister to youth at Stanford Baptist Church. Lots of great memories in Stanford, some really great youth that we had a chance to minister to.

One youth in particular was a guy named Kevin Deatherage...he and his family actually lived down the street from us. He was one of the very first youth that I met...he even helped us move into our house that day! I think he was in 7th grade at the time.
So I had Kevin in our youth ministry for 4 and half years...saw him grow up not only physically, but spiritually.

Well yesterday I had the opportunity to perform his wedding in Lexington. He got engaged last year and called and asked if I would do the ceremony. A great day! His new bride Brittany was stunning looking...most of Kevin's groomsman were former UK football players (Kevin himself played for a season or two) so they were giants...a beautiful wedding and a great day.

No comments: