Monday, June 18, 2007

Ichthus Recap...


Great weekend at Ichthus. Nice and warm, but hey there was no rain or snow or hurricanes or tornados!

Heard some great bands throughout the weekend...Here are some of my favorites: Skillet, Chris Tomlin, Reliant K, Newsboys, Toby Mac, Phil Keaggy (yup, I said Phil Keaggy...one of the old school guys who can still out play any guitar player there!).

I even went over to the deep end stage...this is where they would have your harder sounding bands...I mean really hard. Now some of them I must say were EXTREMLEY talented with the instruments, but the singing part...I just didn't get. I can't even call it singing...it was the monstrous, barking like a dog / throaty, thrashing sound that just made me go hmmmmm... I don't get it. I know I sound old in saying that, but I just don't get it.

The surprise band for me and the one that I thought had the best stage presence was Hawk Nelson. These fellas were rocking the house...great punky sound, heavy guitars; fun lyrics...even went and bought their disc.

Another surprise for me was the fact that my lovely wife Holly went with us on Saturday. Just know this...Holly is NOT a big concert go-er, let alone a music festival go-er. But she came along and we had a blast together. We both enjoyed dancing around to Toby Mac and crew. So that was plus having my bride with me!

Another plus, was hanging out with my good old buddy Robert (Robo) Coffey and his daughter Taylor. Robo and I go waaayyyy back to the college days. Since then we've been in each others weddings, been there for one another when our children were born...just a great bud.

So another Ichthus down...would love to go back next year, maybe even take Holly for two days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 days?? maybe not! I am soooo not a rocker chick!

Anonymous said...

If you would just LISTEN TO MORE THAN HALF A SONG at the deep end.... ya might like it..... might