Monday, June 25, 2007

Trying to kick a HUGE habit


For years I've been a diet-pop-oholic. I love the taste of an ice cold diet pop, I prefer diet Pepsi or diet Mt. Dew. But when I say I'm a diet-pop-oholic...I'm talking some days downing like TWO 2-liters a day.

So as of last Sunday I decided to try and kick the habit...at least try and really cut back. I tried this once with a former yute, Jessie Russell. I think she was a senior in high school and we had a bet to see who could go the longest with no soft drinks. Well, I lasted like four hours because my head was pounding from caffeine withdrawal. Oww! Jessie went like a year with no pop...my hero.

As of today, Monday, June 25th I have gone seven days with no diet-pop or for that matter any kind of carbonated drink. Yep, the caffeine headaches have tried to creep up on me, so I've been downing a cup of coffee to help ease the pain.

I'm not saying I'll never drink a diet pop again...my goal is to go at least two more weeks before we go on vacation. I've been drinking lots of water and lots of juices in the mean time...and they taste great.

Hold me accountable these next few weeks...even the thought of a nice icy cold diet Mt. Dew sounds refreshing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is no joke folks. He was SERIOUSLY addicted! it has been like watching one of the patients I used to work with in detox!! Great job, Jeff! I'm proud of ya!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Jeff!! I hope that you can do it this time!! I know how last time worked out for ya. Yea I went a year with out pop but now I am back on it, just not as much. I have like 1 a day. But good luck with it!! Keep me updated!!