Monday, February 25, 2008

Let the Day of Birth Celebration Begin!

Okay...this Friday, FEBRUARY 29th is Bryan's birTHday...yep, he's a leap day baby who will officially be THREE (which means he's 12...leap year every 4 years...this is the 3rd leap year since his birth...therefore 4 x 3=12)

The biggest question that gets asked when people learn about his leap day of birth is when do we celebrate on non-leap years? Usually Feb. 28 or March 1, whichever is closest to a weekend so we can have a party. But this year it's the real deal!

So I thought for this entire week I'd post something about Bryan each day leading up to the weekend par-ty!

Bryan has a great interest in skateboarding...his cousin Aaron has been a great influence on him with the art of "boarding." This past December Bryan used some of his Christmas bucks to buy a real-deal skateboard...board, trucks, bearings and wheels. We ordered it together over the internet/phone...for about two weeks it was pure torture on Bryan having to come home from school in anticipation that the "long cardboard" box would arrive by UPS.

Finally the day came...and he's been riding since. Over these past few months he's been practicing downstairs in the basement (too cold outside!). We can hear the popping of the board as he works on perfecting the Ollie.

Last night as Holly and I were upstairs with some friends, Bryan walks up and when I first see him, he's working some very sad eyes. I then look down to see his board split in two! "My boy broke his first board!" is what I wanted shout out...I think that's one of those 'guy things'.

After contemplating about what happened, I think Bryan thought that is was a cool thing to break his first board...sorta like a badge of honor. We're going to hang the two pieces up on his wall...and I'd say he'll purchase another board after scoring some birthday bucks this weekend. Here's the pics to prove it!

No comments: