Monday, February 11, 2008

Perfect North Skiing


This past weekend I took a bus load of our college students skiing to Perfect North in Indiana. Great time and great weather!

I've been skiing for years, but this was the first time I've skied since my knee surgery (go here to check that out!). Bryan came along as well...so this in a since was a "Dad n Lad" day + a bus load of students. We decided that we would try to snowboard together. We went and passed "Snowboarding School" (no pomp and circumstance), and for the next two hours I tried to put my schooling into practice. Urgghhh!! I couldn't get it...I really struggled. I mean I could go straight down a hill, but that's it...not very good at turning or stopping! Bryan on the other hand was a bit of a natural...he's been learning to skateboard so I think that gave him the upper hand.

So after attempting for four hours to snowboard...I exercised my 'flex option' and got me some skies strapped on to my feet and dang if I didn't feel so much more comfortable and in control!

We had a good time laughing and rolling around it snow...I even took a few pics with my phone camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

I just now looked at my retirement pictures from last year here on your blog! I never had a chance to see them since I don't work in front of a computer anymore!

I've got to get back to cleaning and unpacking my penthouse now...talk to you soon.

Glad you guys had a good time.

Love, Mom