Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Starbucks


I was having some "four-bucks" this afternoon with a friend...my friend just happens to be an employee at Starbucks so I scored on his 30% discount! He was telling me that Starbucks was closing today at 5:30pm for some in-house training...and not just the Richmond store, but over 7,000 stores across America. Go here to check it out.

My friend was telling me the founder of Starbucks, Howard Schultz was taking the drivers seat again because of declining sales over the past quarter. And he wanted to simply point the focus back towards the reason he started Starbucks. One man shut down thousands of stores to simply regroup in order to be more effective and more pointed to what they are all about...and I'm sure they'll be lots of angry customers who were expecting their coffee or fraps between those hours of closing, but I think in the end it will be worth the effort and drastic halt simply to refocus.

I think the church can learn a HUGE lesson here...it's vital to stop and reevaluate where you are and where you want to go. And maybe even to make some drastic changes to refocus to what the vision is. Yep, some folks may get mad...their feathers may even get ruffled...but that's okay...in the end I wonder how much more effective we could be for the Kingdom of God?

What do you think? Honest thoughts and opinions please...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it has been in the news all day. I found it pretty neat too. They are just trying to get everyone on the same page.