Monday, March 24, 2008

I am thankful...


It's Monday morning...I've got the day off. Actually our whole staff is off today, offices are closed. So after I dropped Bryan off at school I went and got a few errands done around town...

Came home, dropped some laundry in the wash (still trying to catch up from Guatemala!), checked on some blogs that I typically follow...preparing to do some sermon prep for April 6th...

Yesterday of course was Easter...following our services at FBC Holly, Bryan and I took off for Louisville to have dinner with my family. We haven't had "Easter Dinner" together for about twelve, thirteen years...we had a huge meal together, spent some time catching up, checked out mom's new "penthouse pad" all finished and complete...even watched some basketball (the Cards are looking mighty strong!)

That night we went to Southeast Christian Church to watch their Easter Pageant. My sis and her family attend there, have for years. I was absolutely amazed at the performance...I was amazed at how they told the story of Jesus in a very simple way...I was in awe of the special effects throughout the night (my favorite is when the depicted Jesus walking on water and of course Peter coming out too!)...I was impressed how they intertwined the story of Jesus with current events...the lighting was spectacular, the music was heartfelt, the scenery was so detailed you felt like you were in Jerusalem. What a great way to tell the story of Jesus...I can only imagine how many people heard and saw the story for the first time.

In the end I gotta say I am so thankful. Throughout this Easter celebration I have reread the story of Jesus and His crucifixion...I have watched documentaries on tv about the history...I have read others thoughts of what Easter means to them...I have heard and sung lots of songs of worship and in the end I am so thankful for Jesus Christ.

It is because of Him that my eternity is secure...it is because of Him that there is no sting of death, I have nothing to fear...it is because of Him that my life has never been the same...and for that I am thankful.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jeff, we are so thrilled that you guys got to go see this with us! It was awesome! We love you guys and can't wait to see you again.

Love,
lisa

Admin said...

Jesus, indeed, was a great prophet of God.