Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dad & Lad Part ???

As to act on my previous post Bryan and I decided to have a Dad & Lad night...Holly was going out with one of her girlfriends.

We started out by heading up to Lexington by way of the Valley View Ferry. If you have never been on the ferry it's pretty neat to see and ride. Nothing fancy, just your basic ferry...but an excellent way to 'mix' things up when traveling.

We hit the Fayette Mall first...just browsing around, window shopping. This was particularly hard for Bryan, so a good learning experience. One of our favorite stores we found out closed...the Cat/Bird store. They had all kinds of UK and UL stuff (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.)...and at a really great price!

Dinner was in the food court...we munched down on some grub while we did some people watching. I love people watching...

After dinner, we went to play some laser tag at Champs Roller Dome. First time either one of us had been there. Really quality place for some Laser Tag! We played two games each...dominated for the most part and then headed home.

Got home...played a few games of pool...then watched the second half of Lord of the Rings (Fellowship). Then went to bed!

A GREAT night with my boy!

Today we are headed up to Taylorsville to visit with mom and my sis and family. Again, acting on my previous post...I wanted to spend some quality time with my family. We'll cook out, play some cards, and come home late tonight.

So again, what matters to you and how are you acting on that?

1 comment:

Robo said...

Dude !
That's Jacob's name for me now.?

It fits too!

I call him dude all the time.

We started this morning playing video games, then went to Taylor's volleyball game,came home after her game was over and played more video games. After dinner (breakfast, yum), I took him to Gamestop and he bought a Pokeman game with his own money.
Nothing like "Dad and Lad time"