Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scars


A few weekends ago when we were at the Great Wolf Lodge...Bryan and I were in line for a slide and I noticed his scar on his side from all his surgeries...it's a pretty large scar. So while we waiting in line I asked if the scar is still tender or for that matter just weird feeling, he said "yea sometimes."

Now I remember when Bryan got this tube out of his side...it left a pretty wicked hole and it was tender and difficult to keep clean because it was so painful and fresh. But as the weeks went by the wound healed itself and eventually it was no longer painful...now it's only a scar with a story like no other.

Bryan and I talked while waiting in line that day about the scar and about the story behind the scar. That is part of Bryan's life from here on out...and talk about a reminder, every time he looks at that or when I see that, I go back to that time and I'm reminded that God was faithful in healing him. Sometimes that healing took longer than I wanted it to, but in the end...he was healed. He has a scar to prove it...that scar has a story that can used for to make God's name famous.

Got any scars like that?

2 comments:

ann said...

and God will "heal" what you guys are going through now, too. I prayed for your family today.

BBH said...

I know the feeling. When I was sixteen, I had a car accident that should have taken my life. After surgery was done on my digestive system, I am left with an 8-inch scar up my abdomen and what looks like two bullet holes on either side. They are constant reminders that God saved my life and had a plan for me, even when I was ready to throw in the towel. He tought me so much during that time, and has never stopped.