Saturday, August 09, 2008

Weddings


From time to time I have the opportunity to perform weddings. I really enjoy being a part of such a special occasion.

Today I married Chris Barger and Angela Diebold. Now I've known Chris since he was in the seventh grade as his youth minister...just a real special guy in my life. It's always a real honor to be a part of a former "yutes" wedding, although it makes me feel old!

Chris was handsome and dapper looking...Angela was a stunning looking bride. Lots of family and friends all gathered at the church...a great day of celebration!

But dang if I didn't mess it up...I'm walking Angela through her vows...she's repeating after me..."I Angela, take you Chris...to be my lawfully wedded WIFE!" Arghhhhhhh!! I immediately knew I said the wrong thing. And bless her heart, Angela just repeats what I'm saying, not her fault, but mine!

We laughed...and laughed a little more...maybe it was some comic relief?? But no not at a wedding...so we get to the ring exchange and dang if I didn't do it AGAIN. Somebody please take me out back and put me out of my misery...how can make the same mistake twice?? But I did...

So...in the end, they kissed and were officially married. It was a beautiful ceremony and a great day (minus one absent minded minister).

Life Lesson: You gotta know how to laugh at yourself!

Congratulations Chris and Angela...you guys were incredible today. Thank-you for allowing me to be a part!

1 comment:

Robo said...

It would have been cool to see hear that.
Love you Brother.