Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Newport Getaway!

Last weekend Holly and I got away for two days of:
-No Children
-No Schedule
-No Alarm Clocks
-No Agenda (uh, well...maybe a hidden agenda!)
-No Cat walking around the bed at 2am
-No little girl waking up at the CRACK of dawn coming to let us know, "I'm up!"
-No Responsibility for anything work related
-No little drummer boys drumming
-No BIG decision making
-No worries!
-Spent four hours at the IKEA store after thinking we'd just browse through a bit
-Sipped on lots of coffee
-Slept in late (8am!!! That's late for us!)
-Went to the movies...saw 127 Hours...good flick!
-Ate some great seafood at Joe's Crab Shack
-Played video games and won cheap prizes for our kids
-Shopped at the Florence Mall
-Followed the Cards beating UCONN in the food court with our phones...I think I hit the refresh button at least 250 times!
-Took our time...savored every minute...love spending time with my wife!

I'm sure I'm missing a few...all in all it was a great get away. Like I said in my last post, married couple MUST do this from time to time. I'm looking forward to our next get away...

2 comments:

Tooz said...

So you went off without your kids and ended up playing video games anyway! That is a hoot!

Jo Ann said...

I'm glad you two are still "kids at heart". That makes for good partners, good soul mates, good friends, good parents and the list goes on and on. Love you both!!!!