Sunday, July 02, 2006

My newest CD


Last night the fam and I were in Lexington, specifically at Barnes and Noble. We were browsing...Holly for some books for the beach, Bryan was checking things out in the kid's section...and I was browsing in the music section.

I've always been a fan of "The Police"...they were a pretty popular group when I was in high school...then the lead singer Sting went solo. I really dig his solo stuff...The Dream of the Blue Turtles, Nothing Like the Sun, etc. great tunes...and very jazzy sounding and very melodic.

So last night I came across “Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting 1984-94”…good stuff! It’s got all my favorites. They had one called the very best of The Police and Sting, but I already have the best of The Police…I’m figuring when I get my i-pod that I can put all these tunes (and many others) all on one device.

Any Sting lovers out there? (lovers of his music that is…)

2 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

In my car right now is "The Best of Sting and the Police" or the police and sting, I can't remember which. I also have whatever album has "Desert Rose" on it. I can't remember what the name of the album is, and can't leave my desk to go out in my car and see. LOL!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I guess I'm the only other Sting fan out there... and the other CD was "Brand New Day" or something like that.