Sunday, July 23, 2006

My wife...the hero


Friday morning while in Florida my lovely wife Holly set off for her usual morning walk...as she was returning back to the condo she heard a man hollering for help. She went to see what was going on and she found this 80 year old man whose wife was in need. She was choking on something and turning blue...Holly immediately started doing the Heimlich maneuver to this lady. After 10-12 minutes of this what ever was stuck finally came out...her color came back and she was okay. An ambulance was called and came to aid her. Holly proceeded to walk back to the condo and told all of us what had happened.

Man, what a wife...a true hero in my book of life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hero too!!!! It seems God puts us where we are needed and then He uses us if we are available. And I thank God that both of you have been available and usuable this summer. We are very proud of "our kids" and we love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooops! Forgot to sign, MOM AND DAD on the above post!!! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you put this in here... it was enough that the whole church knows now!(i will get you back for that, by the way!) Thank you for the lovely complement, but it's not necessary. I am just grateful that Mary is okay. I only wish that I knew their last name so that I could contact them to check and see how she is doing now.

Anonymous said...

Holly,

I am so proud to be your sister-in-law! You are so awesome in every way and I love you very much!